Booking Terms & Conditions
In entering into any transaction with At-Bristol you do so on the basis of the following terms and conditions.
The terms and conditions of each transaction type are made up of the specific terms relating to the transaction type (for example on-line ticket purchase terms and conditions) and the Common Terms.
In making a donation (including a Gift Aid contribution to on-line ticket(s)) through this website you are donating, unless otherwise stated, to At-Bristol Ltd., a registered charity, registered charity number 1049954.
You may elect to make a Gift Aid donation when purchasing an on-line ticket. If you are a UK tax payer, At-Bristol can reclaim tax paid on your donation under the Gift Aid scheme if you have paid UK income tax or capital gains tax in the tax year at least equivalent to the amount At-Bristol is able to claim. Tax relief may be available for Gift Aid donations.
Online ticket purchase terms and conditions
In purchasing on-line tickets for entry into At-Bristol, you enter into an agreement with At-Bristol Ltd, company number 3046496, registered charity number 1049954 on these on-line specific terms that incorporate the “Common Terms” on this website applicable to all transactions.
Categories of ticket holders
For the purpose of online ticket sales the following definitions apply:
- An adult is aged 16 to 59 years old inclusive
- A concession means a senior citizen, student, unemployed or disabled person
- A senior citizen is aged 60 years and over
- A student means an adult or senior who holds any type of valid photographic identity card showing that they are a student
- An unemployed person - an adult who holds a valid ES40 or UB40
- A child is aged 3 to 15 years inclusive (a child under 12 years must be accompanied by an adult to enter At-Bristol)
- A child under 3 goes free
- A family ticket is for four people, maximum two adults
A Grandparents Family ticket is for two grandparents and two grandchildren, or 1 grandparent and 3 grandchildren
Issue of online tickets
Once your booking has been processed you will receive an email confirmation to the email address you specified.
It is your responsibility to check, prior to purchase, that the information you have supplied to us in respect of your on-line ticket requirements is accurate. We are only responsible for issuing on-line tickets in accordance with the information you provide.
Your tickets will be made available for collection at the At-Bristol Information Desk on the day of your visit.
Ticket purchase and validity
Once purchased, the date of which your ticket has been purchased cannot be changed. Payments for tickets are non-refundable. Tickets are only valid for the date stated upon them. Parking charges are not included as part of a ticket.
On arrival at At-Bristol, the following will be required:
- Appropriate proof of entitlement to any discounted ticket rate claimed (such as NUS card) for each person to be admitted under the ticket
- You may be asked to pay the full admission price in the instance of proof not being available
- The name and booking reference number (provided at the time of purchase)
- The payment card used to purchase the on-line tickets on this website (At-Bristol reserves the right to refuse admission if the correct booking reference and/or payment card is not produced)
Online tickets purchased in advance cannot be used in conjunction with any voucher, promotion or special offer. Promotional vouchers can only be used when purchasing a ticket at the on-site ticket sales points on the day of the visit.
No on-line ticket may be resold without the prior written consent of At-Bristol Ltd. If any person attempts to enter At Bristol with an on-line ticket that has been resold without At-Bristol’s written consent, At-Bristol may refuse entry and no compensation is payable to that person by At-Bristol.
Access to At-Bristol
A child under 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
At-Bristol reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to refuse entry into or remove from the At-Bristol site, any person. This includes but is not limited to a person who:
- Has behaved in a manner which, in the opinion of At-Bristol has, or is likely to, adversely affect the safety or enjoyment of other visitors
- Has used threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour or in anyway provokes or behaves in a manner which may provide a breach of the peace
- Is or appears to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol
Any individual or group refused entry or removed from the site for any of the above reasons will not be entitled to a refund of all or part of any monies already paid to us.
To prevent offensive weapons or dangerous articles from being taken into At-Bristol, visitors are admitted subject to a condition that, if requested to do so, they will allow themselves and/or their belongings to be searched by At-Bristol staff.
- It is prohibited to take into At-Bristol any pets or animals of any nature, with the exception of guide dogs
- Smoking is strictly prohibited within the At-Bristol buildings
- Commercial photography and audio or visual recording of any kind are all strictly prohibited, unless prior authorisation has been obtained from At-Bristol. Photographs for personal use may be taken
- Buggies and pushchairs are left unattended at their owner’s risk, and any baggage left unattended may be removed for security reasons
- At-Bristol accepts no responsibility for damage to or loss of personal property brought into the attraction
For technical or operational reasons, some facilities may be removed, altered or closed at any time. At-Bristol reserves the right to alter programme details if at any time it is deemed necessary or appropriate to do so due to circumstances beyond our reasonable control
In these terms “At Bristol” refers to the organisation relevant to your transaction as stated in the specific terms relating to each transaction type (the “Specific Terms”). The word “Terms” refers to the Specific Terms together with these Common Terms.
Amendment to the Terms
At-Bristol reserves the right to make changes to its website, policies, and the Terms at any time. You will be subject to the policies and Terms in force at the time that you use the website and or you enter into any transaction with At-Bristol, unless any change to those policies or these Terms is required to be made by law or government authority (in which case it will apply to orders previously placed by you).
If any of these Terms are deemed invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that term will be deemed severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining term and the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of the agreement shall continue in effect.
Events beyond At-Bristol’s reasonable control
At-Bristol will not be held responsible for any delay or failure to comply with its obligations under these Terms if the delay or failure arises from any cause which is beyond its reasonable control. This term does not affect your statutory rights.
If you breach these Terms and At-Bristol takes no action, At-Bristol will still be entitled to use its rights and remedies in any other situation where you breach these Terms.
Warranty as to Age and Residential Status
You warrant that you are at least 18 years of age and possess the legal authority to enter into any transaction through this website (including instructing us to collect any payments from a payment card or billing account) and to use this website in accordance with the Terms.
You agree to be financially responsible for all transactions you undertake through your use of this website (as well as for the use of your account by others). You also warrant that you are a resident of the United Kingdom.
Limitation of Liability
Other than liability for death or personal injury resulting from At-Bristol’s negligence, At-Bristol, its employees and or agents shall not be liable for any loss or damage, direct or indirect, howsoever arising out of or in connection with At- Bristol’s relationship with you to the extent permitted by law.
In the event that the above exclusion of liability is not effective, At-Bristol’s maximum aggregate liability (save in respect of death or personal injury resulting from At-Bristol’s negligence) shall be the amount paid by the claimant to At-Bristol in respect of the transaction out of which the claim against At-Bristol arose.
This agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and At-Bristol in respect of the relevant transactions and it supersedes all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals, whether electronic, oral or written, between you and At-Bristol with respect to the transaction.
A printed version of the Terms and of any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to the Terms to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in print form.
Third Party Rights
None of the Terms shall be enforceable under the Contracts (Right of Third Parties) Act 1999 by a party other than you or At-Bristol.
These Terms are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with English Law, and any claim brought under the Terms shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts. This website is directed to the United Kingdom and therefore certain terms and conditions may not be applicable to non United Kingdom nationals who access this website.